On Thursday, the North Korean President Kim Jong Un has struck a defiant note on his incomplete summit with the United States President Donald Trump in Hanoi and persisted Pyongyang would overcome the effect of sanctions, reports source.

These remarks were the North Korean President’s first official comment over the nation’s position since talks on denuclearisation with President Trump broke down in Vietnam in February 2019, in the party over the need for immediate sanctions relief.

Today, Donald Trump is set to host South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the White House, looking forward to rekindling talks with North Korean.

On Wednesday, President Kim informed that top officials of the ruling Workers’ Party to move ahead with “self-reliance” to subvert the sanctions, said the KCNA (Korean Central News Agency).

Kim continued that development of socialist economy would “deal a telling blow to the hostile forces who go with bloodshot eyes miscalculating that sanctions can bring the DPRK to its knees,” reads the report, using the acronym for North Korea’s official name.

However, he did not mention of nuclear weapons nor did he criticized President Trump, added KCNA.

In June 2018, Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un held their first landmark summit in Singapore, where they signed a vaguely-worded agreement over the “denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula”.

But the failure to reach agreement at their second meeting in Hanoi, which ended without even a joint statement- has raised queries over the future of the wider process.

Both have expressed their willingness to discuss further and President Trump since then has repeatedly said that he maintains good relationship with Kim, claims he had restricted new sanctions planned for Pyongyang.

North Korean has been very careful not to personally criticize President Trump, claims last month’s sanctions against it were an “action against humanity to destroy modern civilization and turn the society back in a medieval dark age.”

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
US Have Exemption Policies For Foreigners Dealing With Revolutionary Guards Of Iran

US Have Exemption Policies For Foreigners Dealing With Revolutionary Guards Of Iran

by Haimantee Ghosh April 22, 2019
As per the information of three former and current US personnel, the United States has substantially generated exceptions as the foreign governments, firms, NGOs do not have to face American sanctions automatically for trading with the Revolutionary Guards of Iran after the designation of the group by Washington as an outsider terror group. The policies of exemptions, approved by the  US State Secretary Mike Pompeo and also explained by the...