Italy Coronavirus: 2 Years Old Baby Recovered From the Deadly Virus - TNBC USA

On Thursday, a two-month-old was believed to have been Italy’s youngest COVID-19 patient who recovered from the deadly coronavirus that created a global pandemic. The newborn was released from the hospital after overcoming the disease, reported the media. 

The baby was diagnosed after having high temperature, fever and also symptoms of pneumonia. But as per reports, the baby was no longer  running a temperature or fever and was released with the mother. On March 18, the mother and her baby were hospitalized in the southern city of Bari.

Italy has officially recorded 17,669 deaths and 1,39,422 have been affected so far. Italy has also taken a social distancing process and countrywide lockdown to slow down the transmission of the virus. The measures have helped to  slowly come down from a high of 969 last month.

Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said the very future of the European Union was at stake over its response to the coronavirus as Germany expressed hope EU finance ministers would agree on a 500 billion euro economic rescue package on Thursday.

“We need an economic and social response at the European level,” Conte told sources. “It’s a big challenge to the existence of Europe. “If Europe fails to come up with a monetary and financial policy adequate for the biggest challenge since World War Two, not only Italians but European citizens will be deeply disappointed.” Conte went on to saying.

“If we do not seize the opportunity to put new life into the European project, the risk of failure is real,” he added.

Related Articles