According to sources familiar with the matter, ZTE Corp, signed an agreement in principle, lifting a U.S. Commerce Department ban on buying from U.S. suppliers, allowing China’s No. 2 telecommunications equipment maker to get back into the business.

ZTE blocked major operations since the seven-year ban was imposed on the company in April for breaking a 2017 agreement reached.

On Tuesday a Commerce Department spokesman said that “no definitive agreement has been signed by both parties.”

ZTE did not respond to requests for comment immediately.

sources said that the preliminary deals included $1 billion (£746.3 million) fine against ZTE plus $400 million to cover any future violations, also added that the terms were quite clean with Reuters reporting on the U.S. demands on Friday.

Also, the sources concluded that the Commerce Department plans to clear its 2017 settlement agreement and count the $361 million ZTE paid as a part, allowing the United States for claim a total penalty of as much as $1.7 billion.

U.S. President, Donald Trump set out to meet his trade advisers to discuss China’s offer to import an extra $70 billion of American goods over a year as a way to defuse a potential trade war between the world’s two largest economies.

last month, Trump tweeted adding that Commerce officials to find a way for ZTE to resume operations.

As from the part of the deal, sources replied that ZTE promised to replace its board and its executive team in 30 days. Also allowing unfettered site visits for verifying that U.S. components are being used as claimed by the company, and post calculations of U.S. parts in its products on a public website.

U.S. Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer said, “By letting ZTE off the hook, the president who roared like a lion is governing like a lamb when it comes to China,” he added, “Congress should move in a bipartisan fashion to block this deal right away.”

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
16 States Indicts the US President Due to Emergency Declaration on  Border Wall Issue

16 States Indicts the US President Due to Emergency Declaration on Border Wall Issue

by Haimantee Ghosh February 19, 2019
Sixteen United States indicted the US President Donald Trump’s administration over his decision to announce a national emergency to sponsor a wall on the Southern border with Mexico, claiming the move breached the constitution. The litigation, filed in a federal court in California, explained the order by the US President was contradictory to the Presentment Clause which figures out the legal proceedings and the Appropriations Clause, which defines Congress as...