In the United States, an Indian-origin man has been sentenced to 33-months of jail term and ordered to pay off $2618000 in restoration for being accused of embezzlement and mail fraud, said the authorities.

41-years-old Dinesh Shankar, a resident of California’s San Jose, was punished last week for stealing from a medical device selling company, said Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agent-in-charge John F. Bennett and US Attorney David L. Anderson.

In addition to restitution and imprisonment, Mr. Shankar was also asked to serve 3-years term of supervised release. He will start serving the sentence on May 1, said the Justice Department.

According to the petition agreement, starting from March 2013 till January 2018, Mr. Shankar was employed in the Emeryville-based medical device company. However, he has submitted false expenses report and invoice for July 2013 to December 2017 to the finance department, due to which the company has to pay off more than half a million dollars.

Mr. Shankar has also admitted creating false invoices, which appeared to be issued by six distinct entities. The entities he mentioned were fictitious business names, which Mr. Shankar used to control.

In addition, he made false invoices to make it appear that the entities has provided testing and quality assured services to his employer, however, they had not offered the services. According to the statement, Mr. Shankar has admitted that he caused a loss of $2576384 to the company.

A federal grand jury in April 2018 has indicted Dinesh Shankar, accused him with six counts of mail fraud. He found convict to one count in November and the remaining were rejected.

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
US President Blames Media For Charging Him, “ So Ridiculous ” For Newzeland Attack

US President Blames Media For Charging Him, “ So Ridiculous ” For Newzeland Attack

by Haimantee Ghosh March 19, 2019
US President Donald Trump paddled into the dispute over his statement to the brutal mosque attack in New Zealand, in which almost 50 people had died, opposing that he was being blamed for the mishap. The US president wrote in twitter addressing his 59 million followers, “ The Fake News Media is working overtime to blame me for the horrible attack in New Zealand”.He also added, “They will have to...