New York: A US-based women who live in Chicago is suing Hilton worldwide for $100 million. The Women says that she was filmed naked in the shower by a hidden camera while a hotel guest- in footage uploaded with her name onto multiple porn sites.

For negligence citing “ severe and permanent psychological injuries severe mental anguish, emotional distress and other damages such as medical expenses and lost earnings, the unnamed plaintiff sued the hotel giant.

It was said that the US Woman was guest at a Hampton Inn and Suites Hotel in Albany, the capital of New York State, in July 2015 while taking a bar exam after graduation from law school.

The 19-page lawsuit claims that the woman was recorded, fully nude while taking a shower by a hidden video camera. But she completely ignorant until September 2018, more than three years later, when she received an email saying ‘this is you right?’ with a link to the video on a porn site published with her full name.

It further added that the same person, claiming “I’m a perv,” then sent multiple threatening emails, professing to know where she went to university and where she worked. Then the video appeared on a string of other porn sites when the threats went unheeded. Colleagues, friends and former classmates received a new version of the video, sent from a fake email address set up in her name.

The lawsuit claims that other people were recorded in the same room at the same Hampton Inn. Further, it alleged that the extortionist then demanded an immediate hush payment of $2,000 followed by $ 1,000 a month for a year.

A spokesperson for Hilton said “We take the safety and wellbeing of our guest incredibly serious, and find the details included in the civil filing distressing. We commit to supporting the independent ownership and management of the property as they investigate, respond cooperate with any law enforcement investigations”

While answering about the incident a spokesperson for the Hampton Inn said they were shocked and stunned to learn of the allegations, saying that no recording devices of any kind had been discovered at the property.

However, the property mention in a statement that “ The safety and security of our guests is our highest priority, and we emphatically do not condone any form of this type of invasion of privacy”. It added “the hotel underwent a complete renovation. During that process, no recording devices of any kind were uncovered”

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
Deadly Ethiopia Crash Captain, Was Not Trained On Latest Max Simulator

Deadly Ethiopia Crash Captain, Was Not Trained On Latest Max Simulator

by Haimantee Ghosh March 22, 2019
The captain of the perished Ethiopian Airlines aircraft did not get the scope for practising on the new simulator of Boeing 737 MAX 8 before he passed away in the deadly crash with 157 others passengers, as per the statement of a pilot colleague. The refresher training of Caption of Boeing 737 MAX, 29 was due by the end of the March, after two months of receiving one of the...