The United States Treasury has named a group of companies in Belgium, Iran, and China to its sanctions blacklist for acting as a “supply network” for nuclear enrichment programme of Iran. 

The companies have also served as a procurement network for Iran’s Centrifuge Technology Company (TESA) that produces enrichment centrifuges for the AEOI (Atomic Energy Organization of Iran), said the US Treasury.

The “supply network” was led by Iranian company Bakhtar Raad Sepahan and its overseas affiliates. The list further includes a Chinese firm, Henan Jiayuan Aluminum Industry Company that was also sanctioned.

Other sanctioned entities are front firms based in Belgium and China, said the US Treasury. 

In a statement, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said that “Treasury is taking action to shut down an Iranian nuclear procurement network that leverages Chinese- and Belgium-based front companies to acquire critical nuclear materials and benefit the regime’s malign ambitions.”

“Iran cannot claim benign intent on the world stage while it purchases and stockpiles products for centrifuges,” he said.

The sanctions were declared 10-days after the AEOI said that it has resumed enrichment operations, which had surpassed limits placed by 2015 Nuclear Deal, which is considered as a deliberate initiative to force other parties into keeping their side of the deal. 

In May 2018, President Trump has withdrawn from the deal between Iran and six world powers since re-imposed sanctions on several sectors, including the very important financial and oil industries.

Iran has demanded from the other nations – Germany, France, China, Britain, and Russia – to take the necessary steps to guarantee the economic benefits, which has been promised by Iran for the extreme restrictions imposed on it nuclear deal.   

Last week, President Trump has warned that the sanctions against Iran would be “increased substantially” after Iran surpassed the enrichment cap in 2015 Nuclear Deal. 

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
Donald Trump And Turkish President Announces Washington Talks On November 13

Donald Trump And Turkish President Announces Washington Talks On November 13

by Chandrani Sarkar November 7, 2019
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will travel next week to the United States of America to meet President Donald Trump, said the Turkish Presidency on Wednesday, amid rising tensions between the two nations.  During a telephonic conversation, the Turkish Presidency has said that “the two leaders reconfirmed that they will meet in Washington on Wednesday, November 13, on President Trump’s invitation.” President Erdogan had threatened to cancel his visit due...