Through the launching of two short-ranging missiles, North Korea escalated the pressure over the probable standoff nuclear negotiations and the US President Donald Trump claimed in this move “ nobody is happy”.

The second summit between the US President and the North Korean leader Kim Jong UN in Hanoi in February ended without any potential resolution or even a bilateral statement  as both of the global power failed to reach to an agreement on what basis Pyongyang would be willing to leave in exchangeable discount from the sanctions enforced over its prohibited nuclear weapons and ballistic missile programmes.

Since then Kim has charged Washington of acting in “ bad faith” and provided it until the end of the year for changing it’s out looking.

In what South Korea President Moon Jae-in termed an “ element of protest”, North Korea “ fired what appeared to be two short-range missiles” according to the Joint Chief of Staff’s statement.

They were launched from Kusong in North Pyongan province and glided eastwards fro 270 and 420 kilometers  across the North.

It was the second move from Pyongyang in less than a week, after having not launched a missile since 2017 November, briefly before a prompt diplomatic standoff influenced high tensions on the peninsula and surfaced the way for the historic first Kim-Trump summit in Singapore last June.

At a White House event, the US President said the US authorities were searching “very seriously” at the launch of the “short-ranging missiles”. He told the reporters, “ Nobody’s happy about it”.

He also added, “we’ll see what happens,” he added. “I know they want to negotiate, they’re talking about negotiating. But I don’t think they are ready to negotiate. ”

The launches after the arrival of the US Special Representative, Stephen Biegun to North Korea in Seoul for the discussions with South Korean officials, in his first tour since the summit in Hanoi.

The representative of the ruling party of North Korea, Rodong Sinmun assigned its entire front page and half of two pages to the launch on Friday, with 16 images, including the one from which Kim observing the launching from a hidden shelter.

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
Child Migrants Retained Under New Trump Admin Rule In Detention Centre

Child Migrants Retained Under New Trump Admin Rule In Detention Centre

by Chandrani Sarkar August 22, 2019
On Wednesday, President Donald Trump Administration has introduced new admin rules that would permit officials to detain migrant families permanently while judges considered whether to grant them asylum in the United States.  The new rules are likely to draw a legal challenge, would replace 1997 legal agreement that will limit the amount of time the United States immigration authorities can detain migrant children. Generally, the agreement is considered as families...