President Donald Trump said he has no plans to depart American forces from Iraq, a week after declaring a surprise drag out of troops from Syria and directing the Pentagon to bring home forcibly half of the American forces established to Afghanistan.

The decision permits the United States to prolong a presence in the heart of the Middle East and a rampart against Iranian influence, while also remaining a nearby staging ground should American forces be compelled for re-entry in Syria and captured a reviving Islamic State.

A long-term presence in Iraq yielding Trump with a windbreak against withdrawal from Syria, a decision that was hugely opposed by his advisers and which directed to the quitting of his defence secretary, retired Marine Corps, General Jim Mattis.

The development also recommends that the announcement of victory of Trump against the Islamic State in a video message from the White House lawn in the last week had been described. Trump said during a tour in Iraq that an appearance in the country would enable the United States to make reentry Syria if need be, recommending that worries insist about the possibility of the Islamic State rearranging there.

During a visit to Al Asad Air Base, located in Western Iraq between Syrian border and Baghdad.

The decision to remain in Iraq, which was presented by Reuters and the journalists of Bloomberg on the trip, also spotlighted a contrast in messages of Trump about the border in the presence of US military in the Middle East. He said in the last week that US troops would be exiled from Syria because victory had been attained over the Islamic State. But the mission of the violently 5,200 US troops positioned to Iraq is to back government forces in their fight against the Sunni extremist group, which would not require to continue if a remaining victory had been achieved US forces last in Iraq with the allowance of the government forces in their fight against the Islamic State.

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
United States Tests First Ground-Launched Cruise Missile After INF Treaty Exit

United States Tests First Ground-Launched Cruise Missile After INF Treaty Exit

by Chandrani Sarkar August 20, 2019
On Monday, the Pentagon has informed that it has tested a conventionally configured ground-launched cruise missile with a range of around 310 miles (500 km), the first such test since the United States of America was pulled out of the INF (Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces) Treaty.  The US has formally withdrew from the 1987 Act with Russia on August 2 after alleged that Moscow was violating the rules, accused the Kremlin...