On Wednesday, the Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has confirmed the last week’s drone attack on Saudi Arabian oil facilities, reported source, and cited an unspecific official.

The confirmation came after the United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, flying to Saudi Arabia, has termed the drone strikes as an “act of war”, which destroyed half of the crude oil outputs of the Kingdom.

Without detailing about the US Official or how they have collected the information, said that the Iranian Supreme Leader has confirmed the attack only over the condition that it be carried out in a way to refused involvement of Iran.

The US Officials was quoted saying that the most damning proof against Iran is not disclosed satellite pictures highlighting Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps making a plan for the attack at Iranian Air Base, Ahvaz.

The importance of those pictures only became later clear, reads the report.

Sources quoted the US Official saying, “We were caught completely off guard.”

Iranian State Media said that the Tehran has written to Washington through the Swiss Envoy on September 16, refusing any role in the drone attacks and warned to reply to any action against it.

Tehran has support for Huthi Rebels in Saudi’s southern neighborhood Yemen has claimed “responsibility”, but both Riyadh and the US have ruled that out.

While speaking on condition of anonymity, the US Official has said that the United States Administration has concluded the drone attack as involved cruise missiles from Iran, said to present proof at the United Nations General Assembly Session in New York.

Vice President Mike Pence has repeated President Trump’s comments that “we don’t want war with anybody, but the United States is prepared.”

In 2018, the US President has pulled out a hard-won agreement between international powers and Tehran that interrupted the nuclear program of Iran in return for the lifting of sanctions.

The United States has re-imposed crippled economic fines, including against Iranian vital oil sector, and Tehran started taking initiatives for the agreement.

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
President Trump To Hold 2020 G-7 Summit At His Miami Resort

President Trump To Hold 2020 G-7 Summit At His Miami Resort

by Chandrani Sarkar October 18, 2019
The United States President Donald Trump has been awarded the 2020 G-7 Summit of the world leader to his private company, scheduled the summit for June at Trump Doral Golf Resort outside Miami, announced the White House on Thursday.  President Trump has used his public office to direct a huge contract to himself. The 2020 G-7 Summit will draw hundreds of diplomats, security personnel, journalists, and a worldwide spotlight.  He...