Washington: As per the report an Indian- American women replace Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh in the powerful federal appeals court in Washington DC. A news website mentioned that Neomi Jehangir 45, who is currently the administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, was recommended for the judgeship on the DC Circuit Court by former White House counsel Don McGahn.

It was said that Ms. Rao was a former clerk for conservative Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, was confirmed by the Senate with a 54-41 vote in July 2017 to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. In addition, Ms. Rao in this capacity is called the regulatory czar of the Trump administration. The sources revealed that Donald Trump was interested in Ms. Rao so that he could appoint minority women to Brett Kavanaugh’s old job.

Judge, Brett Kavanaugh, who confirmation process was marred by sexual misconduct allegations before being sworn in the US Supreme Court, It also added that judge at the United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

The US president Donald Trump is reported to be interviewing several individuals for this position. The position has now fallen vacant.

According to the US news portal, it mentions that “ Immediately after Trump met with Rao, two sources briefed on their encounter say they got the strong impression that the president was not impressed by her”

Another report says “ this week it seemed like he was considering his initial judgment of Rao and may still pick her”. Earlier Mr. Rao has previously served in all three branches of the federal government. She was also served as Associate Counsel to President George W Bush; counsel for nominations and constitutional law to the US Senate Committee on the Judiciary, and law clerk to Justice Clarence Thoman of US Supreme Court.

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
US President Blames Media For Charging Him, “ So Ridiculous ” For Newzeland Attack

US President Blames Media For Charging Him, “ So Ridiculous ” For Newzeland Attack

by Haimantee Ghosh March 19, 2019
US President Donald Trump paddled into the dispute over his statement to the brutal mosque attack in New Zealand, in which almost 50 people had died, opposing that he was being blamed for the mishap. The US president wrote in twitter addressing his 59 million followers, “ The Fake News Media is working overtime to blame me for the horrible attack in New Zealand”.He also added, “They will have to...