The United States informed it was pondering about the deployment of more troops to the Middle East as it finds the ways for enhancing the safeguarding of its forces in the chaotic territory amid poaching tensions with Iran.
But in charge, Defense Secretary Patric Shanahan declined news reports which plan under pondering call for the deployment of as many as 10,000 more troops, a step which would further bang ragged nerves in the region.
Shanahan informed the reporters for a possible additional buildup of the presence of the US military, “what we’re looking at, are there things that we can do to enhance force protection in the Middle East? ”. He said, “it may involve sending additional troops ”.
Earlier this month, the administration of the US President declared the deployment of an aircraft carrier task force as well as B-52 bombers and also a related assault ship and a missile defense battery to the Gulf.
The steps triggered in response to what the US claims are alert of the intelligence of an intense threat to its interests or allies in the Middle East from Iran. But they have also induced skepticism among the members of Congress who concern that pursuing a dangerous policy with Iran could lead to a threatening overestimation.
Media reports claimed the Pentagon was pondering including 5,000 or 10,000 forces to the territory, but Shanahan canceled both figures.
He claimed, “ there is no 10,000 and there is no 5,000. That’s not accurate”. Shanahan claimed he was in regular contact with Marine General Frank McKenzie, who pushes US Central Command, who supervises US military operations in the Middle East.
He said, “ we talk to CENTCOM all the time”.
The in-charge Pentagon Chief claimed he would brief the US president on Thursday about the circumstances before the President leads to Japan. Currently, the United States has deployed almost 60,000 and 80,000 forces in the territory covered by CENTCOM, which adds the 14,000 recently on duty in Afghanistan, 5,200 personnel in Iraq and less than 2,000 in Syria.
Earlier in the week, Shanahan said the US reply had pushed the repeated threat constituted by Iran “on hold”.
Shanahan informed reporters, “ we have deterred attacks based on reposturing of assets – deterred attacks against American forces”, after addressing a classified instruction to the full US Congress.
He also claimed, “ our biggest focus at this point is to prevent Iranian miscalculation. We do not want the situation to escalate.