A TikTok user has narrated how she had mistakenly consumed one of her Air Pods for Ibuprofen and swallowed it accidentally.
Narrating her ordeal on TikTok, she had decided to share this information for educational purposes. The Boston-based user named @iamcarliiib explained that she had the pill in one hand.
“I was crawling into bed,” she says in her TikTok video, “I had Ibuprofen 800 in my right hand and I had my left Air Pod in my left hand.”
“I like threw something back, took my water bottle and took a sip… then realized it wasn’t the Ibuprofen,” she said. “I tried puking it up and it won’t come out.”
It did come out through the normal course of events, though @iamcarliiib claims to have conducted an x-ray to confirm it. Moreover, she won’t ever try to use that Air Pod again.
She has also revealed in a different video separately, that the swallowed Air Pod was still connected to her iPhone as she was making a call.
Consequently, a voice memo she sent a friend comprised of gurgling sounds recorded in her stomach.
This isn’t the first time that an Air Pod has been swallowed. A man in Massachusetts managed to swallow one in his sleep, and a seven-year-old from Georgia had to be rushed to an emergency room after consuming one.