According to the US Defence Department, the increasing number of sexual assaults in the US military force reached almost 38 percent in 2018 contrasted with survey two years earlier, data that monitors say put down broken promises of Pentagon of a crackdown.

Last year almost 6,053 reports of sexual assaults filed according to the evaluation of Pentagon. It is the highest, as well as a record number of sexual molestation since the US military started gathering this kind of survey report in 2004.

According to the consideration of unreported cases as well, the estimation of the military survey shows 20,500 male and female service members had experienced some kind of sexual assault in the last year. The estimated number in 2016 was 14,900.

A Democratic Presidential candidate, as well as Senator Kirsten Gillibrand who has been a solicitor for revamping the rules for the prosecution of sex crimes in the military force of America, claimed the ratio made clear that it was time for Congress to act.

He also added, “ sexual assaults continue to increase dramatically while the number of cases going to trial goes down,” she said. “The status quo is not working.”

The report showed that the abnormality of a military woman between the ages of 17 and 20 being sexually assaulted was one in eight. A former Chief Air Force prosecutor, as well as retired colonel Christensen, who are now leading the advocacy group Protects Our Defenders, said, “ it is time for Congress to stop giving the failing military leadership the benefit of the doubt and pass real reform empowering military prosecutors. Enough is enough”.

In-charge Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan said in a statement, “ to put it bluntly, we are not performing to the standards and expectations we have for ourselves or for each other”. He also added, “ This is unacceptable. We cannot shrink from facing the challenge head-on. We must, and will, do better.”

In an analysis report, a senior official told reporters that the Pentagon was found to make sexual harassment a stand-alone crime.

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
Child Migrants Retained Under New Trump Admin Rule In Detention Centre

Child Migrants Retained Under New Trump Admin Rule In Detention Centre

by Chandrani Sarkar August 22, 2019
On Wednesday, President Donald Trump Administration has introduced new admin rules that would permit officials to detain migrant families permanently while judges considered whether to grant them asylum in the United States.  The new rules are likely to draw a legal challenge, would replace 1997 legal agreement that will limit the amount of time the United States immigration authorities can detain migrant children. Generally, the agreement is considered as families...