On Wednesday, the United States National Security Adviser John Bolton has said that the recent North Korean Missile Tests didn’t violated promise that Chinese President Kim Jong-Un has made to the US President Donald Trump, but Pyongyang had yet to reveal when the working-level talks on denuclearisation would re-strat.
On Tuesday, North Korea had tested short-range missiles, despite a meeting between President Trump and the Chinese President on June 30, which they agreed to revive delayed talks.
Bolton told Fox Business Network that the United States is still waiting to hear from North Korea about the scheduled talks.
He continued, “The firing of these missiles don’t violate the pledge that Kim Jong Un made to the president about intercontinental-range ballistic missiles.”
“But you have to ask when the real diplomacy is going to begin, when the working-level discussions on denuclearisation will begin, as Kim Jong Un again said on June 30 he was prepared to do. We’re still waiting to hear from North Korea.,” added the United States National Security Adviser.
Both President Trump and the US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has played down the launched and he has continued to express desire for a diplomatic way forward with North Korea, which has been demand relief from punishing the United States sanctions and for Washington and Seoul to call off the Joint Military Exercises, scheduled for this month.
The top US North Korean Negotiator and Mr. Pompeo has attended an Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Regional Forum in Washington this week, Mr. Pompeo claims that he is expecting that the US Officials could meet North Korean Officials there.
North Korean has charged Washington of breaking an oath by plans to go ahead with the military drills and said that they could derail dialogue. It has further warned of a possible end to its freeze on long-range and nuclear missile tests in place since 2017, which the US President has repeatedly held up as proof of success or over a year engagement with President Kim Jong-Un.
A senior US Defence Officials claims that the US didn’t plan to make any changes to the drills, despite the pressure from Pyongyang.
North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho has cancelled a plan to visit ASEAN Forum, but Mr. Pompeo told sources travelling with him the US were still open to meet and hoped the US Special Representative for North Korea Stephen Biegun and his new North Korean Representative could meet soon.
President Trump has frequently hailed the friendly relationship with Kim, some analysts believe that North Korea had been encouraged to press more agitation for the US concession by the United States Leader’s apparent avidity to hold up the policy as a success in 2020 Presidential Elections.