Probably one of WhatsApp’s most anticipated feature- WhatsApp Payments is now available in India. This feature will allow the users to send or receive money through the messaging app itself. This new update will use the peer-to-peer Unified Payments Interface, which is available for both android and iOS.
In case you are unable to update WhatsApp, you will be notified when the update is available for your device.
After installing the latest WhatsApp update, follow these steps to activate WhatsApp Payments:
1. Tap on the ‘Payments’ option in the settings menu.
2. You will be required to ‘add a bank account’.
3. Once you’ve added the bank account, accept the terms and conditions of the messaging app.
4. After this, you will have to verify your mobile number.
5. In this step, you have to ensure that the mobile phone has the same SIM card that you use for your WhatsApp account since UPI will not check the entered mobile number and the bank accounts linked with it.
6. Once verified, a list of supported banks will appear and you have to select your bank account.
7. After this, you will have to create a Virtual Payee Address (VPA).
8. To create the VPA, enter the last six digits of your debit card number along with other necessary details.
9. Once done, you begin making and receiving payments through WhatsApp.