The proficient US space agency discarded a scheduled historic spacewalk by two women astronauts, mentioning a lack of spacesuits availability which would fit them at the International Space Station. Christina Koch will now perform the assignment in space with fellow American Nick Hague – instead of Anne McClain as the original planning.

McClain and Had Koch had performed their spacewalk together, it would have been the first ever by two women astronauts.

Till now only male and mixed male-female teams had performed spacewalk since space station was convened in 1998 -214 spacewalks until now.

From the outside of the station in the last week – with Hague- while she understood that a “medium”-sized upper half of her space suit fit her better.

Nasa explained, “ Because only one medium-size torso can be made ready by Friday, March 29, Koch will wear it”.

The spacesuits into the spacecraft the ISS are in fact gathering of several parts put together as the body of each astronaut become suitable for most of the inconvenient circumstances, explained by the representative of the Johnson Space Center, Brandi Dean in Houston, Texas where the US astronauts belong.

She told two upper parts in each of the three available space suit sizes are recently captured by ISS: medium, large and extra large.

She told describing the problem which affected the scheduled spacewalk of Friday, “We do our best to anticipate the space suit sizes that each astronaut will need, based on the spacesuit size they wore in training on the ground, and in some cases, astronauts train in multiple sizes ”.

She added, “However, individuals’ sizing needs may change when they are on orbit, in response to the changes living in microgravity can bring about in a body ”.

She also added, “In addition, no one training environment can fully simulate performing a spacewalk in microgravity, and an individual may find that their sizing preferences change in space. ”

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
Donald Trump And Turkish President Announces Washington Talks On November 13

Donald Trump And Turkish President Announces Washington Talks On November 13

by Chandrani Sarkar November 7, 2019
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will travel next week to the United States of America to meet President Donald Trump, said the Turkish Presidency on Wednesday, amid rising tensions between the two nations.  During a telephonic conversation, the Turkish Presidency has said that “the two leaders reconfirmed that they will meet in Washington on Wednesday, November 13, on President Trump’s invitation.” President Erdogan had threatened to cancel his visit due...