During February, Neymar was sidelined following his foot injury and likely to get back in action before the World Cup this summer. The team doctor, Rodrigo Lasmar, promised this news on Friday and assured that Neymar is recovering the best way possible.
As told to GloboEsporte, Lasmar stated that the Brazilian star is working very hard on recovering and expecting to arrive well-prepared for participating in the football World Cup training.
Currently recuperating in a coastal mansion in Rio de Janeiro, Neymar told last week that he is unable to return back before 17th May, as the date will reveal his final medical progress. He had undergone a surgery on 3rd March in Belo Horizonte and this medical examination will provide the latest reports on his foot injury.
However, it is still not clear whether he will play for Paris Saint-Germain against Caen on 19th May. But he is determined to recover back for playing in the World Cup to be held in Russia from June 14th to July 15th.
The players from Brazil football team will attend a training campaign in Teresopolis from 21st to 27th May, but Lasmar is acknowledging Neymar’s absence from the pitch in order to concentrate on his tailored fitness program.
The Brazil team doctor also said that Neymar’s physical fitness has recently decreased and hence it needs improvement first. He added that there is individual evaluation process for players who are recovering from injuries, as it will help in designing the best possible strategies for them.
Neymar da Silva Santos Junior, 26-year-old forward player and most expensive in football history, injured his right foot and broke a bone. The Brazillian player received the injury on 26th February, when his team was playing a match against Marseille and was in lead by 3-0 in the game.