Wearing just one fragrance can become quite monotonous. If you are someone who likes to experiment or wants to develop your own signature scent then Ritika Jatin Ahuja, Chief Operating Officer, Big Boy Toyz, and Shikhee Agrawal, Head of Training, The Body Shop India have some suggestions on how to do that perfectly.
* Starting with lighter perfumes, apply them on the clothes and put stronger ones out on the skin, so that if the perfume evaporates from the clothes – the fragrance still remains.
* Fragrances that are lighter or come from a single note are easy to layer. If you like to mix different notes from different fragrances, it may cause a headache. So, layer two or more favourite perfumes from the same notes to form one.
* Be creative while mixing your perfumes, but stay in the same family such as woody, floral, fresh and citrus as they will gel well with each other.
* Remember that layering different fragrances begins when you take a shower as you apply scented body lotions. Layering of scents can be started with body washes, body lotions, mists and deodorants. A signature scent can be created when layered after a shower.
* While layering, a certain fragrance would smell differently on the skin and on clothes, so experiment and see what works.
* For long-lasting fragrances, apply a good body lotion or fragrant oil before using any perfume.
* How you apply your perfume or mix the scents makes a lot of difference. Apply scents at different pulse points like the neck, elbows, wrists and the inside of your arms for a lasting fragrance.
* Layer up any two favourite perfumes by mixing one and then the other by pressing on your wrist to form our own signature scent.