New Delhi: While the Rajya Sabha was adjourned following several disruptions during BJP president Amit Shah’s speech. The government and opposition sparring in the Lok Sabha over the National Register of Citizens (NRC) draft release in Assam. On the other end, Parliament likely to continue the discussion on key topics such as NRC, Doka La dispute, among several other bills.
According to the sources BJP MP Manoj Tiwari wrote to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, asking to “Conduct a survey in Delhi too (like NRC) as a number of Rohingya and foreign intruders are residing in Delhi and many of them have also attained Aadhar and ration cards,”.
There are some bills that been discussing in Rajya and Lok Sabha:
- National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill 2018
- Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities (Amendment) Bill 2018
- The Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill
- A right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill 2018
- National Trust for Welfare of Persons with Autism
- The National Sports University Bill, 2018
- Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill 2018
- National Medical Commision Bill, 2017
- The constitutions (One Hundred and twenty – third Amendment ) bill, 2017
The remake of the SC/ST Law:-
- Union Cabinet agreed to restore the Original Provisions of law Preventing atrocities against Dalits and tribals.
- Restore the original bill that provisions of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act will be brought into the Parliament.
MSP increase for Kharif Crops
- Centre has decided to increase the MSP (Minimum Support Price) for Kharif Crops as a concern about the cost of crops.
- Some farmers outfits expressed displeasure at the modification, claiming that the hike for paddy, especially did not match the claims of the BJP government.