A massive fire broke out at a hotel used for a COVID facility in Andhra Pradesh killed at least 9 people includes 7 are confirmed, coronavirus patient.
The Hotel Swarna Palace was being used by the Ramesh hospitals as a COVID care center. There were said to be 30 patient and 10 medical staff were present during the time of the incident.
The fire broke out at 5 a.m. in the facility and the rescue team evacuated at least 22 trapped people and moved to the nearest hospital for treatment. Several people are still believed to be trapped in the hotel as the rescue operations are still underway. Senior Police official Srinivasulu is suspecting short-circuit to be the cause of the fire.
Meanwhile, The Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his tweet offered his condolences to the family of deceased and praying to the speedy recovery of the injured.
This is the second fire incident that took place at the COVID facility this month. Previously on Thursday, 8 people were killed in a fire in the ICU unit of a private hospital in Gujarat.
Andhra CM Mr. Reddy has directed the authorities for an in-depth probe of the incident and ordered the officials to take immediate measures to provide better medical services for the injured people.