The co-founder of the related show, Lee Daniels has now ensured that Jussie Smollett will not be coming back to the Empire.
Daniels wrote in a Twitter post, “ Jussie will not be returning to Empire”, responding to the claims that writers were making preparations for the comeback of Smollett. The actor was accused of plotting a racial, as well as homophobic attack on himself in January, which he declined always.
But since the incident, there has been evaluation over his future on the show. The post in Daniel’s twitter account is the first public authentication which Smollett will surely not return for the sixth, as well as final season episodes.
In April, the broadcast network, Fox ensured in the sixth, as well as the final season, Empire had been refurbished and the studio had “ negotiated an extension to Jussie Smollett’s option for season six”, including, there were no urgent “plans for the character of Jamal to return ”.
An American actor and singer, Jussie Smollett has been involved with the show since the first season in 2015. Fans have been waiting to hear the confirmation of his return, as his character was portrayed for the final two episodes of the season, but following the allegations, the official news claims Jussie is out.
Daniels has earlier stated about the “pain and anger and sadness and frustration” that the case of Smollett has affected him and the casting of Empire also.
The executives of Fox, along with senior producers and cast members of Empires expressed support for Jussie Smollett in a letter on 19th April, writing, “ together, as a united front, we stand with Jussie Smollett and ask that our co-star, brother, and friend be brought back for our sixth season of Empire.”
The complications of the case of American actor and singer, Jussie Smollett, reveals the following facts:
- Jussie Smollett insisted on the claim that two masked men attacked him while the actor referred MAGA (Make America Great Again), the slogan used by the US President and also his supporters.
- Abimbola Osundairo, Olabinjo Osundairo, the two brothers were imprisoned by the Chicago police and interrogated. They worked on Empire as extras.
- The brothers were released by the police without charge and on 20th February, Jussie Smollett was accused of filing a false police report.
- According to the claim of the police, Smollett was arrested as he paid the Osundairo brothers for plotting the attacks.
- Despite the accusations being dismissed, Chicago police persisted charges that Jussie Smollett executed the attack and directed to pay $130,000 for compensating for the manpower using the probe his alleged assault.
The Chicago city has impeached Smollett, after his declination to pay the amount and he was insisted to decline the allegations.