The tech giant has “ no plans” to recommence a search engine in China though it is carrying on the observation the concept according to the sayings of the Google CEO Sundar Pichai addressed to the congressional panel on Tuesday among the escalating probing in the big tech firms.
Along with the lawmakers, the employees of Google have escalated concerns that the company would respect the internet censorship of China and the inspection policies if it makes the entry in the search engine market of Asian nations.
The main searching platform of Google has been banned in China since 2010, but the Alphabet Inc unit of Google has been endeavouring to make new methodology into the country which has the largest number of smartphone users.
Pichai told the US House of Representatives Judiciary Committee, “Right now, there are no plans to launch the search in China”.
He included that structurally Google has “developed and looked at what search could look like. We’ve had the project underway for a while. At one point, we’ve had over 100 people working on it is my understanding. ”
Pichai told there are no recent statements with the Chinese government. He took the vow that he would be “ fully transparent” with the policymakers if the company launches search products to China.
In a letter in August to US lawmakers, Pichai said issuing such a search engine would give “ broad benefits” to China but that it was not vivid whether Google could initiate the service there.
Speaking on the circumstances of un-identification, an official of Chinese government told last month that it was improbable that Google gets approval to introduce to commence a search service in 2019.
Pichai did not disclose about the steps what Google would take to satisfy the Chinese laws if it makes re-entry the market.